Design trends 2019

Every year I give you my take on what is going to be trending.
I see colors going towards nature. I also see a trend towards warmer tones, including the brass and copper that I predicted a few years ago.

Reflecting pool Sherwin Williams
These calm blue walls are complemented by the corals, purple and green colors that are so on trend for 2019!

Cavern clay SW 2019 Color of the Year
The neutral color looks good with naturals and blues.  Used in a traditional setting I would add leather, brass nailheads and natural woods.  It would also be so great in a kitchen with stone surfaces, stainless steel and wood floors.  So many options for the cabinets!

Shitake Sherwin Williams
Of course not everyone is into color.  I like a room that is neutral with lots of texture and natural finishes. You could create a totally different feel with colorful artwork, plants, area rugs and window treatments.  a neutral background gives freedom to recreate a room with a minimum of change.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book recommendation

Watercolor painting...progress