The colors of Winter

I love the whiteness of the snow, fresh fallen and all sparkly.  
Then, we drive through it with our cars, and it becomes dirty.  After it falls, the winter months are often cloudy and gray.








I choose to plan my surroundings so there will be color all year.  I love the look of this metal art in the snow.  It draws the eye, and brightens things up.


Add greenery to your landscape with fruit and berries.  It will provide food for the birds, and winter color.  The birds will stay and take care of pests the rest of the year.

Gardens that have borders of green, like low hedges, provide structure to the winter garden. I also like to add features like ponds, birdbaths, fountains and benches. They all have a seasonal function, but also add interest in the winter, like this bench in the photo below.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book recommendation