After the holidays



After the holidays, I am soooo ready to return to a quieter palate in my home.


Don't get me wrong, I love color.  But I prefer a neutral palate so I can change my accessories and have a completely new look.

Last year I reupholstered my living room furniture with Sunbrella fabrics in a neutral cream color.  I used a twill on a chair and sofa, and a wonderful herringbone on my favorite wing chair.  With dressmaker details, like pouf buttons on the one chair back & nailheads on the wing
chair, they are anything except plain or ordinary.





I took all of the Christmas decorations off the mantle, and put up this wonderful old window that a friend gave me.  I like the texture of the peeling paint, a little bit of old colors showing through and the old wavy glass.   With the finials and a plant, it is just the perfect feel for my winter room.




                                                                           
My rug has warm reds, corals and light blue with neutrals.  So I
pull those colors out with pillows and artwork.  The throw on
my wing chair also pulls the color.   


How do you change the look of your room?

If you have to move things to clean, you might as well give it a 
fresh look!                                                                                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book recommendation