What your style says about you

Style.. it says alot about who we are 


This picture of a garden setting says that I love to garden.

It also says that I like shabby chic, rusty & crusty, by the old chair that I have left in its found condition.  I like color, as shown in the variations in the old planter.  My style is a stylized traditional, which is shown in the shapes of the chair and planter, as well as the soft edging of the terrace they sit on.  And I am casual, shown in the small plants starting to grown in the crushed granite on the terrace.

Our style is shown in everything about us.  The clothes we wear, our hairstyle, accessories, cars & homes.


Never apologize for who you are.    Be true to yourself, because these are your own inner likes and dislikes.  Some of us are messy, and others are driven to distraction by that.  So what???

The world would be very boring if we were all alike.  I have found that the reason I like some of my friends is for the very reason that they are different from me.  They open new horizons to explore.

So, what is your style?
       Artsy... with color and mixture of patterns, fun and bright?
       Refined... simple lines, tailored, muted neutrals?
       Intellectual... books, maps, a layered sense of dress and furnishings?

Think about what you like, what you are comfortable with, and follow your heart.
Start your own trends.  Listen to your inner self.  Then you won't find your closet full of nothing to wear, or furnishings that look dated. You will always feel good about yourself, and comfortable in your home.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book recommendation