Trying something new

       I have always been a little bit reticent about trying something new.   I find it intimidating, because what if....


      What if I embarrass myself?
      What if so&so doesn't like it?
      What if I'm not good enough?
      What if I make a mistake?


Do you let life's what ifs hold you back?
Let me tell you that you will never look back on your life and say    "I wish I had not tried that"  Actually, quite the opposite is true.  You'll find that you no longer have the money or energy to do some things.  Or, you will no longer have that friend to go on an adventure with.





I have always been a creative person, but not artsy.  My son is a really good painter.  My husband can do anything with metal.  Me, I am a good visualized, but not doer.

So, I decided to try to do a project that I was visualizing.  I thought really nothing to lose.  If it turns out ugly, I will just throw it away.  But you know what?  I got really lost in the project and it was fun!
I did some things I have never done before.
     I distressed a board, then added some stain & paint.  I cut out a photo from a magazine and then had my hubby cut a piece of pipe to fit under the nose.  Then I decopaged the face, added some fabric for the wool, and some wood shavings for extra dept

      I am so pleased  I tried this, and I think it turned out AWESOME for my first project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book recommendation